We are looking for a Social Media Manager who can enhance our brands and build strong online communities through our various social media platforms. The successful candidate will be working for two distinct companies owned by one operator. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing, designing and administering social media content that engages users and creates an interactive relationship between our companies and our audiences. This includes creating original graphics, text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers.
The successful candidate will also be required to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement and to collect and review social media data to develop more effective campaigns. The Social Media Manager must be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends, have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performing research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Designing and implementing social media strategy to align with business goals
- Setting specific objectives and reporting on ROI
- Develop monthly reports on emerging social media trends that will be submitted to the management.
- Monitor the company’s social media accounts and offer timely, constructive and positive interaction with users.
- Analyze the long-term needs of the company’s social media strategy and offer quarterly reports to the management teams that outline any necessary changes to the digital marketing plan.
- Design, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, graphics, photos, videos and news) for both social media channels and the companies websites.
- Monitor web traffic metrics.
- Collaborate with teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Oversee social media accounts and web site designs (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout).
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Journalism or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in social media management
- Bilingual with strong writing skills in English and French
- Creative writing skills
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Content design with excellent working knowledge of graphic design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and related tools
- Video editing with tools such as Adobe Premier
- Videography and knowledge/ability to operate video cameras
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Graphic design and web site design
- Able to explain complex social media data in an understandable way
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Facebook’s advertising platform is required.
- Knowledge of all social media channels is required.
Please email your cover letter, resume, website, and relevant work to email@example.com
Qualifying candidates will be contacted for an interview.